They say no.
You get bummed, but it was as you presumed it would be, and so you accept their decision.
Here’s what you have to understand. To most people, cloth diapers are still the old pre-fold diapers with rubber pants and pins and wet-pails.
If you want to use cloth diapers all the time, here’s the effective strategy my clients used to get them to allow cloth in their facility.
- Have your diaper bag prepared like a well oiled machine, ready to rival the convenience of any disposable diaper change.
- Choose an easy to use diapering system.
- Pre-stuff your diapers pockets before you leave your house so that the diaper doesn’t seem overwhelming.
- Introduce the topic with these words: “Oh, and let me show you the diapers we use because his skin is very sensitive.” presenting it as more of a necessity than an alternative choice.
- Show them the pre-stuffed diaper, and demonstrate very briefly that the closure works the same on cloth as it does on disposables.
- Show them the diaper on your child pointing out there is no diaper cover nor diaper pins.
- Show them your wipes. Have them pre-bagged and moistened with a mixture of water and wipe solution to mimic disposable diaper wipes.
- Bring an example of a wet bag and explain that they are simply to use that in lieu of the garbage pail.
- Explain that they are not to empty the poop from the diaper, but rather they should just fold it as they would a disposable and place in the wet bag.
This method has been highly successful with my clients in the past. I’d love to hear your experiences with this method after you try it. I bet you will also be very successful.
Everything Birth is your top choice for birth supplies, cloth diapers, organic baby products, and birth advocacy. Carrying the cloth diaper brands you have grown to love and trust like bumGenius diapers, FuzziBunz Pockets, Gro-Via Hybrid, Made in the USA cloth Diapers such as Knickernappies, Thirsties and more.